ROLE OF HYDROGRAPHY IN MARINE INVESTIGATIONS AND LITIGATION
The purpose of this article is to demonstrate the role that hydrography (and port hydrography, in particular) can play in the investigations of marine accidents. It deals with the expertise of the hydrographer in making judgments relevant to the circumstances surrounding a case with regard to such factors as water depth, seabed configuration, the determination of position, tides, the impact of dredging, and discrepancies between nautical charts.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01441019
- Journal article
- Ekblom, R
- Publication Date: 1990-11
- Pagination: 3 p.
- ISSN: 0144-1019
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Hydrography; Marine safety; Water transportation crashes
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00661462
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM