MARINE INSURANCE AND THE SHIP MANAGER
This article, originally a presentation at the International Union of Marine Insurance Conference held in London in September 1990, discusses efforts underway by ship management companies, in consultation with classification societies, to cooperatively devise self-regulatory codes that would enable professional performance to be recognized at the point of contracting a manager. It is suggested that these codes be recognized by both insurers and port States, so that effective qualitative judgments of performance can be the basis for both insurance premiums and liability defenses.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01441019
- Journal article
- Spruyt, J
- Publication Date: 1990-11
- Pagination: 2 p.
- ISSN: 0144-1019
- TRT Terms: Marine insurance; Ship management; Standards
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661460
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM