TOWAGE CONSIDERATIONS FOR PORT OPERATIONS
The author presents an approach to identifying the fundamental considerations for effective towage in new or existing ports. Some aspects covered are: weather; physical limitations; the tug utilization profile; the mechanics of operations; reliability, maneuverability, visibility and, perhaps, habitability as the most important criteria in tug design; reduced crews; and tug deck design considerations.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02688662
- Journal article
- Banks, G
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Shipbuilding Technology International (UK)
- ISSN: 0268-8662
- TRT Terms: Port operations; Towing devices; Tugboats
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00661409
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM