MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT TO MEET TODAY'S DEMANDS
Much work has gone on to develop stainless steels that can withstand some of the harsh corrosion environments met with offshore. The developments that have resulted from this work are described, including the capability of the latest stainless steels to withstand all the standard seawater duties without being subject to localized pitting or crevice corrosion.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02688662
- Journal article
- Watts, M R
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Shipbuilding Technology International (UK)
- ISSN: 0268-8662
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Corrosion resistance; Mechanical properties; Performance evaluations; Stainless steel; Steel
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00661367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM