TOUGH REGULATIONS EXPECTED FOR INCINERATORS
An additional annex to the MARPOL Convention may be introduced to provide stringent recommendations for the incineration of ship wastes at sea. A shipboard incinerator plant developed by Vesta, in Denmark, has been tested and is claimed to provide "a new solution to incineration that makes no more air pollution than present diesel engines." Known as the Maxi Type 25-SL, the unit is a multistage incinerator capable of handling garbage, plastics, oil rags and dunnage.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-10
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Incinerators; Regulations
- Old TRIS Terms: Product descriptions
- Subject Areas: Law; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661360
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM