MEKHANIK YARTSEV: AUSTRIAN YARD DELIVERS INNOVATIVE SERIES
The MEKHANIK YARTSEV, an icegoing carrier of packaged timber or grain and other bulk cargoes, is described. Operation in areas with temperatures as low as -30 deg C is possible. The ship is one in a series of ten such carriers being built for the Soviet Union by Austria's Osterreichische Schiffswerften (OSWAG) Group's Korneuburg yard. Length oa is 85.40m, gross tonnage is 2,489 tons, service speed is 12.60 knots, and the crew complement numbers 20. The dimensions and specifications of the icegoing design allow operation in the Soviet inland waterway system as well as in Baltic, North and White Sea areas. The machinery is arranged for 24-hour unmanned operation under the USSR Register of Shipping's A1 automation classification. A profile drawing is shown.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-10
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Forest products
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice transiting vessels; Mekhanik yartsev (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661356
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM