VESSEL TRAFFIC DATA-NEW YORK HARBOR
This report presents data relevant to the design of a Vessel Traffic System (VTS) for New York Harbor. The data was obtained from films of a radar PPI for several radar locations in the New York Area. Also tapes of communications activity on channel 13 and 16 of the VHF/FM Maritime Mobile Band provided data. Data analysis obtained the following: Vessel Density, Vessel Route Identification, Vessel Speed, Close Encounter, Message Activity, Channel Utilization, Channel Efficiency, Message Duration.
- See also AD-A019 832/5, Port of New Orleans; PC $6.00,; MF $2.25; AD-A019829/1, Houston; PC$4.50, MF $2.25.
Operations Research, Incorporated1400 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD USA 20910
- Brown, J H
- Buhler, L
- Staley, J
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Harbor traffic control; Inland waterways traffic; Radar; Statistics; Surveillance; Vessel traffic control; Water traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00131602
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORI-TR-871 Final Rpt., USCG-D-63-75
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-31446-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM