ROLL OF THE DICE
Some river basin states in the U.S., scrambling to attract tourist dollars, are legalizing riverboat gambling. In response to these changes in gambling laws, enterprising businesses are applying for costly licenses--for example, $50,000 is the price in Illinois--to run casino-type gambling operations on passenger vessels. The author looks at the situation for states along the Mississippi, Missouri and other rivers, characterizing Iowa's code as a model.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1822078
- Journal article; gambling vessels
- Reiter, S
- Publication Date: 1990-9
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Uncontrolled Terms: Gambling
- Geographic Terms: Mississippi River; Missouri River
- Old TRIS Terms: Overviews
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM