A METHOD FOR QUALITY EVALUATION OF STRUCTURAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL APPROACHES IN THE DESIGN OF SHIPS
Evaluating and selecting the optimal structural and technological approaches play an important role in ship design and the assurance of ship quality. Some of the methods used for these purposes, however, amount to performing an analysis in terms of only one indicator: the labor content of structure fabrication. Their lack of a comprehensive approach disregards the important effect of the structural and technological practices on ship performance indicators. The primacy of ship performance qualities makes this disregard unacceptable. An alternative method for evaluating the quality of structural and technological approaches to ships is therefore proposed. It is based on an integral indicator and on the engineering approach to decision making that should be used in design.
- Journal article; Distribution restrictions apply
- Puzynya, V P
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Performance; Quality assurance; Ship operations; Shipbuilding; Ships; Structural design; Translations; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00661238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM