THE SAIL-ASSISTED RESEARCH VESSEL AKADEMIK IOFFE
An extended description is presented of the 6,600-ton, sail-assisted research vessel AKADEMIK SERVEY VAVILOV, built by the Finnish company Hollming for the USSR Academy of Sciences. The ship has a cruising range of 20,000 miles and an unlimited operating area. Length is 117.1m, and speed is 15.0 knots. Scientific research work is supported by numerous scientific complexes and an integrated data collection and processing system. The wind propulsor system consists of a configuration of rigid sails mounted on the superstructure.
- Journal article; Distribution restrictions apply
- Shaydorov, V V
- Yushin, V I
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Research ships; Sailing ships; Translations
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Academik sergey vavilov (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661227
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM