NEW ULTRA-STRONG ROPE COULD REVOLUTIONISE SALVAGE OPERATIONS
The development of an aramid fiber rope, known as Twaron, is described. Made from organic man-made fibers and originally designed for industrial use, the rope is being utilized for marine applications, including large mooring lines, riser tension lines, and salvage operations. It is said to be five times as strong as its steel equivalent.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02644835
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-7
- Pagination: 1/4 p.
- Dredging and Port Construction
- Volume: 17
- Issue Number: No.7
- Publisher: Intec Press Limited
- Accession Number: 00661219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM