SEEKING THE ULTIMATE SUPERTANKER
Editorial comment is offered concerning the controversial questions of the value of double bottoms for tankers. Among the alternatives mentioned is the extraordinarily simple and economical imaginary double bottom concept advanced by Unitor. It involves the substitution of a seawater/chemical mix for steelwork. With the aid of a vacuum and equilibrium system, this prevents spills from occurring following damage to bottom plates.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03060209
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-9
- Pagination: 1/2 p.
- Naval Architect
- ISSN: 0306-0209
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Double bottoms; Tankers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00661204
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM