PORT MAINTENANCE EQUIPMENT
This survey of port equipment maintenance operations consists of two parts. The first of these attempts to define the maintenance function, with emphasis on the general problems facing those who are responsible for upkeep, and to specify the missions that must be performed. The second part discusses some maintenance problems more specific to ports, namely, ones linked to the handling of containers and general cargo. It also offers recommendations on how a planned maintenance program should be drawn up, and on how to best apply computer capabilities to maintenance management.
- Conference paper
- Gonon, P
- Seminar of the PIANC Permanent Committee for Developing Countries, 1st
- Location: Agadir, Morocco
- Date: 1987-6-9 to 1987-6-12
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 10p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling equipment; Maintenance management; Marine terminals; Port operations; Port structures; Ports
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00661128
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM