OPERATIONAL EXPERIENCE UPDATES ALLEN DESIGN
The latest version of its medium-speed S12 engine range has been introduced by W. H. Allen, UK, and is described. The version is designed to be compact so as to offer high power/weight and high power/space ratios. It is a four-stroke turbocharged engine with charge air cooling as standard. Cylinder bore is 240 mm and stroke is 300 mm. The cylinder head is a four-valve, cross-flow design. A separate combined pump/injector unit is mounted in each cylinder head. The nimonic exhaust valves are intensively cooled, and rotators are fitted to all valves. The engine is lubricated by the wet sump system.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-8
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Old TRIS Terms: Allen vs12 engine; Engine descriptions; Medium speed diesels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661013
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM