EDI FALLING SHORT OF ITS MISSION
Views expressed at the second annual Congress of EDI users held in San Francisco on July 16-18, 1990, are summarized. It is told how numerous speakers warned that unless standards for electronic data interchange (EDI) are developed and implemented in an atmosphere of cooperation, EDI will be too complex and unwieldy to be of value to the bulk of the international business community. Speakers called for invoicing, documentation, shipping, Customs and fund transfers to all be linked.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/26252975
- Journal article
- Knee, R
- Publication Date: 1990-8
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic data interchange; Standards; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00660999
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM