NO SUBSTITUTE FOR BULKHEADS?
This article reprints a letter to the editor from the former Engineer Surveyor-in-Chief of the UK Department of Industry. In it, the writer makes a strong plea for the installation of transverse bulkheads as being indispensable to avoiding longitudinal flooding of car spaces on ro/ro ferries. He reviews all the existing recommendations for improving ro/ro damage stability, and concludes that no solution is as effective as that of the bulkheads.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article
- Victory, G
- Publication Date: 1990-7
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- TRT Terms: Bulkheads (Ships); Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Flood barriers; Ro/ro safety; Transverse bulkheads
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00660947
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM