INLAND FLEET: BETTER WITH AGE
Executives in the inland waterways industry estimate that most barges on the Mississippi River today are well into the second half of the 20- to 25-year work life on the river. There is, however, little concern about this. There is instead a cautious perception that business is improving, and that operators who kept their boats and barges in good repair are going to reap the benefits of having done so.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1822078
- Journal article
- Shipper, C
- Publication Date: 1990-7
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Economic conditions; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Mississippi River
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM