COMPUTER-AIDED DETERMINATION OF TEMPERATURE FIELDS PRODUCED BY HOT BENDING OF SHEET BILLETS
Widely-used cold bending techniques for preparing roll-formed hull plating members frequently mean the use of unique presses that do not eliminate the need for manual labor. At the same time, programmed hot bending of billets makes it possible, in principle, to automate the production of such members, but overheating of the metal in the sections processed must be avoided. This article details experimental research and analytical calculations carried out to investigate the temperature fields in a billet under local heating by a gas flame, and the computer program developed for calculating the temperature fields and optimizing the automated bending of hull plating using equipment with programmed numerical control.
- Journal article; Distribution restrictions apply
- Zaikin, Vm
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Information processing; Sheet metal; Shipbuilding; Temperature control (Structures); Translations
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Flame bending; Metal sheets
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660937
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM