ARRANGEMENTS PROVIDING FOR SAFE OPERATION OF FLOATING CRANES
Soviet floating cranes usually employ boom systems with a flexible tension member (rope block and tackle for changing the reach). Nonrotatable deck cranes are usually equipped with deck tackle, as well. Arrangements are suggested that provide for the safe operation of rope block and tackle for changing the boom reach with outboard blocks, and for adjusting the deck tackle load-lift limiter.
- Journal article; Distribution restrictions apply
- Mokhov, Y N
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Floating cranes; Safety; Translations
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Booms
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00660925
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM