FIGHTING CARGO FRAUD
To meet the growing threat of maritime fraud and help preserve trust between traders, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) established the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) in 1981 with the support of international agencies, governments and commercial interests. Some examples of maritime fraud are described, such as the celebrated case of the SALEM, and the present and planned activities of the IMB to counteract such fraud are reviewed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-4
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- TRT Terms: Fraud; Prevention
- Old TRIS Terms: International maritime bureau; Maritime organizations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00660922
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM