A number of boiler explosion incidents have shown that corrosion and other damage resulting from inadequate maintenance and insufficient attention to feed water quality, is a serious and potentially deadly problem, and one exacerbated by reductions in crew numbers. The four main problems that can affect boiler units are reviewed, namely: corrosion, oil in the boiler water, scale and deposits, and dry boiling. Preventative measures are suggested.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article; boiler maintenance
- Publication Date: 1990-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- Accession Number: 00660879
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM