BLACK BOX AWAITS TAKERS
This article examines the reasons underlying the slowness with which Lloyd's Register's voyage data recorder (VDR)--the marine "black box"--is gaining user acceptance. It also looks at some of the problems that attended the latest installation aboard the containership GULF SPIRIT, problems that concerned interfacing the VDR with the ship's existing equipment.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-6
- Pagination: 1 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- TRT Terms: Acceptance; Building; Event data recorders; Facilities; Installation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Acceptability
- Subject Areas: Construction; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660878
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM