THE NEW REVISED 1990 EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL MARITIME DANGEROUS GOODS (IMDG) CODE--AMENDMENT 25-1989--THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANNEX III OF MARPOL 73/78 THROUGH THE IMDG CODE
The International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code harmonizes the practices and procedures followed in the carriage of dangerous goods by sea and ensures compliance with the mandatory provisions of the 1974 SOLAS Convention. The new consolidated four-volume 1990 edition incorporates the extensive revisions made by Amendment 25-89 adopted in April 1989 by the Maritime Safety Commission in its 57th Session. This paper profiles the new code, its new requirements, amendments, and annexes. A general table of contents for the new edition of the IMDG Code is included. Also outlined is the IMO's role in the pursuance of global safety in international multimodal transport operations involving dangerous goods.
- Conference paper
- Wardelmann, E H
- International Symposium on the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Sea and Inland Waterways, 10th
- Location: Hamburg, Federal Republic of Germany
- Date: 1989-9-25 to 1989-9-27
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 10p.
- Old TRIS Terms: Annex iii; International maritime dangerous goods code; Marpol convention
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660742
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM