IS THE SHIP'S DEADWEIGHT A PROBABILISTIC VALUE?
The author explains why a ship's deadweight is a probabilistic value. He presents a mathematical model for the statistical analysis of deadweight. This is followed by a discussion of the influence of the elastic properties of the ship hull on deadweight, and by mention of the importance of the influence on deadweight of errors in draft measurement. A numerical example is presented that takes into account the uncertainties considered.
- Conference paper
- Ivanov, L D
- International Symposium on Practical Design of Ships and Mobile Units (PRADS), 4th
- Location: Varna, Bulgaria
- Date: 1989-10-23 to 1989-10-28
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8p.
- TRT Terms: Measurement
- Uncontrolled Terms: Probabilistic methods
- Old TRIS Terms: Deadweight
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660675
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM