Three articles comprise this feature on boilers: "Raising Steam With Efficient Diesels," explaining how modern diesel engines that waste less heat yet need as much steam capacity as formerly lead to the requirement for economizers assisted by oil-fired boilers; "Automation Increases Efficiency," presenting a schematic diagram and brief description of an automatic oil-fired boiler, inert gas system developed by Sunrod that provides both steam and inert gas at optimal conditions; and "Restricting Contaminants Improves Efficiency," discussing problems that affect boiler efficiency-- among them scale formation, contaminants that compound the corrosion caused by metal stress and fatigue, and air leakage--and their minimization through adherence to proper preventive maintenance procedures and the selection of a correct chemical water treatment.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article; feature
- Publication Date: 1990-6
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Contaminants; Corrosion; Deposits (Geology); Maintenance; Prevention; Sewage treatment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Water treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler efficiency; Deposits
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00660596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM