INSPECTION OF VESSELS AND PIPING FOR CORROSION UNDER INSULATION: WHEN, WHERE, AND HOW TO DO IT?
The corrosion of steel and stress corrosion cracking (SCC) of stainless steels under thermal insulation is an ongoing problem. Inspection guidelines are compiled and presented to facilitate the reader's understanding of SCC under insulation, and of its control.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00941492
- Journal article
- Ashbaugh, W G
- Publication Date: 1990-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Materials Performance (MP)
- Volume: 29
- Issue Number: No.7
- Publisher: National Association of Corrosion Engineers
- ISSN: 0094-1492
- Serial URL: http://www.nace.org/Publications/Materials-Performance/
- TRT Terms: Corrosion; Heat insulating materials; Inspection; Stainless steel; Steel; Stress corrosion; Stress cracking; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosion cracking
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00660582
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM