The 10,000 dwt vessel RAILSHIP III, the third rail ferry to be built for the Railship Group, is described. Like her predecessors, the ship berths her stern to a special link span having rails that marry with the rails of the ship. Length oa is 189.70m and speed is 19 knots. Her service will be between Finland and West Germany, and Finland is, to some extent, also a rail gateway to the USSR.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-5
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Uncontrolled Terms: Train ferries
- Old TRIS Terms: Railship iii (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660578
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM