1992 BELTWAY CORDON COUNT OF VEHICULAR AND PASSENGER VOLUMES
In the spring of 1992, the Transportation Planning Board of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments conducted its 7th study of travel crossing the Capital Beltway. Inbound counts were performed from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and for the first time in the 14 year history of the Beltway Cordon Count, outbound counts were performed from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This report presents the data and principal findings. The study measures such travel characteristics as traffic volumes, auto occupancies, and transit use. The measurements are used to identify trends in commuter travel, and to evaluate the impact of transportation capital improvements and policies.
Metropolitan Washington Council of GovernmentsMetropolitan Information Center, 777 North Capitol Street, NE
Washington, DC United States 20002-4226
- Publication Date: 1993-5-14
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Commuting; Public transit; Ridership; Traffic counts; Traffic volume; Travel patterns; Vehicle occupancy
- Geographic Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00667337
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 93604
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1994 12:00AM