SYMPOSIUM PAPERS FOR THE OPERATIONS AND SERVICE PLANNING SYMPOSIUM, DECEMBER 8-10, 1993
The symposium papers include the following titles; Impacts of Changing Demographics on Transit Planning; Working with Transit Boards of Directors; Integrating Electronic Fareboxes at the CTA; The Evolution of Automatic Passenger Counters; Ongoing Use of Automatic Passenger Counters in Route Planning; What GIS Can Do for Transit Planning; The Design of Timed Transfer Networks; Service Routes in the American Environment: The Madison Experience; Radically Changed Service by Day of Week; Sears' Headquarters Move to Outer Suburbia: How Transit Reacted; Fares: A Financial Fundamental or a Footnote?; Recent Experience with Deep Discounting; Common Issues in Fare Structure Design; London Buses: From Travelcards to Smartcards; Incremental Runcutting; Scheduling Under Relaxed Constraints; Clock-Faced Headways and Schedule Efficiency: The Los Angeles Experience; and, Ten-Hour Work Day Scheduling.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1993-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Conferences; Level of service; Public transit; Technology; Transit vehicle operations; Workshops
- Old TRIS Terms: Technological development
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666829
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTA-TTS-10-94-1,, FTA-TRI-10-93-1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 30 1994 12:00AM