AIRBORNE COLLISION AVOIDANCE SYSTEMS. (LATEST CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS BIBLIOGRAPHIC DATABASE)
The bibliography contains citations concerning design, development, and testing of collision avoidance systems involving cockpit displays to alert pilots of conflicting traffic. Two basic approaches cover the preponderance of citations. The first is a traffic alert and collision avoidance system operating between aircraft equipped with compatible systems. The second is a beacon collision avoidance system which interfaces with FAA traffic controllers. Systems which involve only ground equipment and controller communication to the pilot are excluded. (Contains a minimum of 219 citations and includes a subject term index and title list.)
- 219 citations minimum. Updated with each order. Supersedes PB86-874955. Sponsored in part by National Technical Information Service, Springfield, VA.
NERAC, Incorporated1 Technology Drive
Tolland, CT United States 06084
- Publication Date: 1993-12
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Analysis; Bibliographies; Cockpits; Crash avoidance systems; Design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00666420
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 22 1994 12:00AM