SAFETY REGULATIONS AND STANDARDS FOR SHIPS. (LATEST CITATIONS FROM OCEANIC ABSTRACTS)
The bibliography contains citations concerning safety regulations and standards for the design and operation of fishing boats, cargo ships, tankers and ferry boats. The citations include hull designs and construction standards for safety at sea and for enhanced control, guidance, and performance of the ship and its equipment. The regulations and standards address operations in adverse weather and seas, in anchorages and in restricted maneuvering areas, such as certain narrow sea lanes and harbor approaches. The citations also address safety training for the crew, sea-rescue operations, and safety regulations of some bulk carrier operations carrying potentially hazardous chemical cargoes. Excluded are special watercraft, such as semisubmersibles used in offshore operations and exploration. (Contains 250 citations and includes a subject term index and title list.)
- 250 citations. Updated with each order. Supersedes PB93-855021. Prepared in cooperation with Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, Washington, DC. Sponsored in part by National Technical Information Service, Springfield, VA.
NERAC, Incorporated1 Technology Drive
Tolland, CT United States 06084
- Publication Date: 1993-11
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Marine safety; Regulations; Safety; Ship operations; Ships; Standards; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00666414
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 22 1994 12:00AM