METROMOVER EXTENSIONS TRANSFER ANALYSIS
The Omni and Brickell extensions of the Metromover are scheduled to open in late May 1994. The original plans for the Metromover extensions recommended that all Central Business District (CBD) oriented bus routes that operate in proximity to the Omni and Brickell Metromover stations be truncated at those locations. The purpose of this project will be to 1) present the current operating characteristics of Metrobus service to and within the Miami CBD, 2) recommend an equitable fare transfer policy, 3) analyze the impacts on existing bus riders for both travel time and cost introduced by the transfers from bus to mover upon the opening of the new extensions, and 4) prioritize routes for potential truncation.
- Prepared for Metro-Dade Transit Agency.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1994-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bus routes; Central business districts; Elasticity (Economics); Fares; People movers; Transfer characteristics
- Identifier Terms: Miami-Dade Transit
- Geographic Terms: Miami (Florida)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00664678
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 1 1994 12:00AM