INTEGRATION OF ATMS AND ATIS: ISSUES IN INFORMATION DISSEMINATION
Issues in information dissemination for integration of Advanced Traffic Management Systems and Advanced Traveler Information Systems were discussed in two categories: -discovering user needs, and -public/private interface. It is proposed that national market research studies be undertaken to determine the information requirements of users. This information will be used to determine how we serve those needs with ATMS/ATIS. The research should include an educational focus to inform users of the range of information delivery systems possible. It should also be iterative to check on the changing needs of information users as more systems are deployed and user have more experience using the information. It is also proposed that each individual information delivery project include local user need research.
- First in a series on Management of Traffic Systems conducted by Alberto J. Santiago and Sam Yagar on behalf of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Jacobson, L
- Large Urban Systems. Proceedings of the Advanced Traffic Management Conference
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Date: 1993-10-3 to 1993-10-8
- Publication Date: 1993-10
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic control; Information dissemination; Intelligent transportation systems; Market research; Passenger information systems; Traveler information and communication systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Society; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00662971
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 18 1994 12:00AM