GLASS REINFORCED PLASTICS
This item collects a number of articles, press releases and papers that were published or issued no later than the early 1970s and that deal with the use of glass reinforced plastics in ships. The following is a list of the contents, with page lengths indicated in parentheses: "HMS WILTON: the World's First Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) Warship" (12 pp.); "Launch of Largest Plastics Ship: HMS WILTON" (20 pp.); "The Future for Large G.R.P. Ships" (16 pp.); "Researches on Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Ships" (14 pp.); "Durability of Reinforced-Plastic Structural Materials in Marine Service: (7 pp.); "Non-Metallic Materials: an Opportunity and a Challenge" (13 pp.); "Development of Flame-Retardant Plastic Systems for Shipboard Application" (4 pp.); "Stresses from Strain on Woven- Roving, Fiber-Glass-Reinforced Plastic" (4 pp.); "New Applications for FRP in Offshore Equipment" (4 pp.); "Fiberglass-Reinforced Plastic Minesweepers" (35 pp.); "Glass Reinforced Plastic Developments for Application to Minesweeper Construction" (14 pp.); "Evaluation of U.S. Navy GRP Boats for Material Durability" (9 pp.); "FRP Trawler Design and Fabrication in the United States" (11 pp.); "Research on Hull Strength of F.R.P. Fishing Boats in Japan" (3 pp.); "Plastics: Ideal Seagoing Materials That Chop Maintenance Costs" (8 pp.); and "F.R.P. Trawlers: Design and Fabrication in the United States" (46 pp.).
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: References;
- Pagination: Various p.
- TRT Terms: Durability; Fishing vessels; Glass fiber reinforced plastics; Hulls; Military vessels; Strength of materials; Stresses
- Identifier Terms: HMS Wilton (Minehunter)
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull materials; Hull strength; Hull stress; Minesweepers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00660661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM