SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF PORTS AND CITIES, BARCELONA 1989
The text of a proposal passed by participants in the Second International Congress of Ports and Cities, held in Barcelona, Spain, on December 13-15, 1989, is reproduced. The proposal called for making people aware of the challenges of internationalization; facilitating the interaction between the different socioeconomic groups in port towns; maintaining the necessary balance between the interests of the port and the municipality; incorporating multiple objectives into the process of regeneration; relating the port infrastructure to the urban environment and encouraging economic synergies; offering the inhabitants of port towns an attractive environment; supporting research and information exchanges; disseminating information publicizing the qualities of port towns; promoting international trade; and protecting fluvial and maritime environments. Recommendations directed at these objectives are presented, as well.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7012964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-9
- Pagination: 1-3/4p.
- TRT Terms: Cities; Cities and towns; Development; Land use; Ports; Waterfronts
- Uncontrolled Terms: Relationships
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00661349
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM