AN ANALYSIS OF GUARDRAIL AND MEDIAN BARRIER ACCIDENTS USING THE LONGITUDINAL BARRIER SPECIAL STUDIES (LBSS) FILE, VOLUME II: USERS GUIDE
In this study the Longitudinal Barrier Special Studies (LBSS) file was cleaned up for use in examining the "real-world" performance of longitudinal barriers. The cleanup included some recoding of variable definitions, correction of erroneously coded data, and the addition of missing data, specifically impact speeds. Also, as part of the cleanup, all data elements pertinent to data analyses were extracted and included in the main analysis file. This report is meant to serve as a data element dictionary and a guide to using the LBSS file for analysis purposes.
- The other volume in this series is: FHWA-RD-92-098, Volume I: Final Report.
Scientex Corporation1655 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite 400
Arlington, VA United States 22209
Federal Highway AdministrationTurner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, 6300 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA United States 22101
- Erinle, O
- Publication Date: 1994-8
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Computer program documentation; Crash data; Databases; Guardrails; Longitudinal control; Manuals; Median barriers; Studies
- Old TRIS Terms: Longitudinal barrier special studies file
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics; I85: Safety Devices used in Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00667594
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-92-099, UG-1362, 3A5B1132
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-89-C-00015
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 5 1996 12:00AM