AUTOMATIC VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT IDENTIFICATION
This publication provides an overview and basic understanding of Automatic Vehicle/Equipment Identification. Automatic Vehicle/Equipment Identification is a modern technology which utilizes radio signals for the identification of equipment. Electronic transponders are programmed with unique information and attached to the equipment that needs to be identified or tracked. Antenna sensors read the information as the equipment passes nearby.
ATA Management Systems Council2200 Mill Road
Alexandria, VA United States 22314
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic equipment identification; Automatic vehicle identification; Commercial vehicle operations; Fleet management; Technological innovations; Trucking
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fleets
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00667588
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 4 1994 12:00AM