TRANSPORTATION FOR LIVABLE COMMUNITIES. A POWERFUL NEW APPROACH TO TRANSPORTATION POLICY
The daily challenges people encounter in making a living, getting their children to school, and providing quality care and activities for their families highlight the key role that transportation plays in our quality of life and community livability. Recently, more and more policy makers and professionals on the leading edge of transportation issues have been giving thought to the intersection between transportation and livability issues. This growing movement to promote better integration of transportation and community livability - commonly referred to as "Transportation for Livable Communities" - is the focus of this paper.
Business Transportation Council915 15th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Briggs, L
- BRADLEY, R
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Economic development; Livability; Needs assessment; Quality of life; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban development
- Uncontrolled Terms: Business development
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00667347
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 20 1994 12:00AM