ALTERNATIVE LIQUID FUELS IN TRANSPORTATION
This valuable long-term reference focuses on progress and improvements with respect to alcohol engine technology. Contents include: An Overview of the Technical Implications of Methanol and Ethanol as Highway Motor Vehicle Fuels; Methanol Preignition Temperature Behavior; Vapor Pressure Characteristics M85 Methanol Fuels; Fuel Methanol Composition Effects on Cold Starting; A Simulation Model for a Methanol Fueled Turbo-Charged Multi-Cylinder Automotive Spark Ignition Engine; Neat Methanol Combustion in a D.I. Diesel Engine Using Catalytically Coated Glow Plugs on the Ignition Performance of Some Coal Derived Diesel Engine Fuels; Dimethyl Ether as an Ignition Enhancer for Methanol-Fueled Diesel Engines; and A Simple Method to Determine the Methanol Content of Methanol Fuels.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohol fuels; Alternate fuels; Liquid fuels; Methanol; Technology assessment; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Methanol as fuel
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00667343
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 19 1994 12:00AM