DESIGN GUIDE FOR SHIP STRUCTURAL DETAILS; FINAL REPT. MAY 83-JUL 85
The report provides a designer with a guide to the selection of structural details for both naval and commercial ships. The details in the guide combine good service experience with reasonable construction costs. A simple method for determining approximate construction time for a wide range of detail sizes is presented. Details which have not performed well are also discussed to illustrate problem areas to avoid.
- See also PB91-104943.; Prepared in cooperation with Newport News Shipbuilding, VA. Sponsored by Coast Guard, Washington, DC.
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
Newport News ShipbuildingNewport News, VA United States
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Jordan, C R
- Krumpen, R P
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Cracking; Design; Estimates; Hulls; Marine engineering; Openings; Ship structural components; Shipbuilding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Hatches; Ship plates
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666813
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-331
- Contract Numbers: DTCG-23-83-C-20026
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 2003 12:00AM