DEVELOPMENT OF A GENERALIZED ONBOARD RESPONSE MONITORING SYSTEM. PHASE 1; FINAL REPT
Design specifications for a standard Ship Response Monitor (SRM) are developed on the basis of an analysis of performance requirements. Issues addressed in the analysis of performance requirements include major and optional system functions, sensors and interfacing, packaging, displays and controls, and selection of an appropriate controller. Cost implications for the options reviewed are discussed and recommendations for the basic SRM are developed. It is concluded that to insure acceptance by operating companies, the SRM should be designed as a single function bridge instrument which can be purchased and installed for between $30,000 and $40,000. Based on these conclusions a design is developed and specifications are given for the unit to be evaluated during Phase II of the project. The recommended design consists of standard industrial measurement and control hardware operating under control of software written in a high level language.
- Sponsored by Ship Structure Committee, Washington, DC., and Coast Guard, Washington, DC.
Offshore Technology Corporation578 Enterprise Street
Escondido, CA United States 92025
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- DEBORD, F W
- Hennessy, B
- Publication Date: 1987-5
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerometers; Information display systems; Monitoring; Sensors; Ship structural components; Software; Specifications; Strain gages; Strain measurement; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Monitors
- Old TRIS Terms: Display devices
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666773
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTC-84-24; SSC-349
- Contract Numbers: DTCG23-85-C-20080
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM