BARGE LOADING FACILITIES IN CONJUNCTION WITH WOOD CHIPPING AND SAWLOG MILL, TENNESSEE RIVER MILE 145.9R: ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT
The purpose of this Environmental Assessment (EA) is to evaluate the environmental consequences of approving, denying, or adopting reasonable alternatives to a request for barge loading facilities. These facilities would serve a proposed wood chipping and sawlog products operation at Tennessee River Mile (TRM) 145.9, right descending bank, (Kentucky Lake), in Perry County, Tennessee. The site is located between Short Creek and Peters Landing. The applicant is Southeastern Forest Products, L.P. (SFP), Box 73, Linden, Tennessee and the proposed facilities would be constructed on or adjacent to company owned land. Portions of the barge terminal would be constructed on land over which flood easement rights are held by the United States of America and administered by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The US Army Corps of Engineers (CE) and TVA have regulatory control over the proposed barge terminal facilities since the action would involve construction in the Tennessee River which is a navigable water of the United States. The wood chipping and sawlog products facilities proposed on the upland property are not regulated by the CE or TVA. On the basis of the analysis which follows, it has been determined that a modified proposal (as described herein) would not significantly affect the quality of the human environment, and does not require the preparation of an environmental impact statement. 8 refs.
- Portions of this document are illegible in microfiche products.
Corps of EngineersWashington, DC United States 20548
Tennessee Valley AuthorityKnoxville, TN United States 37902
- Publication Date: 1990-8
- Pagination: 224 p.
- TRT Terms: Administrative procedures; Air quality; Animals; Barges; Comminution; Cultural resources; Culture (Social sciences); Endangered species; Farming; Flood protection; Forests; Geology; Inland waterways; Intermodal terminals; Land use; Navigation; Noise; Pollution; Pollution control; Production; Regulation; Roads; Socioeconomic factors; Trucks; Water quality; Wetlands; Wood
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuelwood
- Geographic Terms: Tennessee River
- Old TRIS Terms: Aquatic ecosystems; Harvesting; Pastures; Terminal facilities; Wood products industry
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00666766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TVA/RDG/EQS-90/4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM