ENGINE BLOCK CYLINDER HEAD BOLT HOME REPAIR; PATENT
This patent discloses a method for repairing cylinder head bolt holes including removing the cylinder head from the damaged cylinder bore and removing an adjacent cylinder head from its adjacent cylinder bore. A drill base support is installed in the adjacent cylinder bore and drilling platform studs are installed at locations corresponding to the drill base studs are installed at locations corresponding to the drill base stud holes. A drill base and a jig are installed and a drill press is used to drill and remove broken bolts. The inside diameter of the damaged bolt hole is measured and studs are installed in the block with adhesive applied to the threads of the studs.
- Filed 19 Jul 90 patented 25 Jun 91; Supersedes PAT-APPL-7-554 756.; This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, DC 20231 $1.50.; Patent
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Stafford, J C
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Bolts; Cylindrical bodies; Drilling; Drills; Engine cylinders; Holes; Studs; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Bores; Holes(Openings); Platforms; Pressing(Forming); Stud welding; Studs(Structural components)
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666724
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-7-554 756; PATENT-5 025 556
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM