SUBMARINE TORPEDO TUBE AXIAL WEAPON RESTRAINER; PATENT
This patent discloses a submarine torpedo tube axial weapon restrainer for preventing a weapon from moving breechward in a torpedo tube once the weapon has been released for firing. An axial restrainer block is mounted within a housing on a wall of a torpedo tube. The block has a guide slot that extend into the torpedo tube for engaging a guide stud of a weapon to be loaded into the tube. The housing is provided with cam slots that allow the block to move axially along the torpedo tube. The cam slots permit the block's guide slot to receive, engage or release the weapon guide stud in one of a load, lock or fire position, respectively. A hydraulic control system having three power cylinders controls the movement of the block. A first power cylinder mechanically connected to the block moves the block. Second and third power cylinders are used to control the amount of movement of the first power cylinder toward the breechward and/or muzzleward end of the torpedo tube. In the critical fire situations, the second power cylinder ensures that the first power cylinder is only permitted to move towards the muzzleward end of the torpedo tube.
- Filed 14 Aug 90 patented 25 Jun 91; Supersedes PAT-APPL-7-566 920, AD-D014 735.; This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, DC 20231 $1.50.; Patent
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Moody, P E
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydraulic equipment
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666711
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-7-566 920; PATENT-5 025 744
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM