SUBPROJECT L-045H 300 AREA TREATED EFFLUENT DISPOSAL FACILITY. HANFORD ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE PROJECT, HANFORD SITE, RICHLAND, WASHINGTON
The study focuses on the project schedule for Project L-045H, 300 Area Treated Effluent Disposal Facility. The 300 Area Treated Effluent Disposal Facility is a Department of Energy subproject of the Hanford Environmental Compliance Project. The study scope is limited to validation of the project schedule only. The primary purpose of the study is to find ways and means to accelerate the completion of the project, thereby hastening environmental compliance of the 300 Area of the Hanford site. The ''300 Area'' has been utilized extensively as a laboratory area, with a diverse array of laboratory facilities installed and operational. The 300 Area Process Sewer, located in the 300 Area on the Hanford Site, collects waste water from approximately 62 sources. This waste water is discharged into two 1500 feet long percolation trenches. Current environmental statutes and policies dictate that this practice be discontinued at the earliest possible date in favor of treatment and disposal practices that satisfy applicable regulations.
- Sponsored by Department of Energy, Washington, DC.
Corps of Engineers Walla Walla District.Walla Walla, WA United States
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Publication Date: 1991-6
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Compliance; Costs; Effluents; Schedules; Wastewater
- Identifier Terms: Hanford Reservation
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical effluents
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666685
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOE/RL/12175-T1
- Contract Numbers: AT06-91RL12175
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM