WORLDWIDE BUOY TECHNOLOGY SURVEY. VOLUME 2. APPENDIX B. BUOY RECORDS. BOOK 2. GERMANY - USA; FINAL REPT
The objective of Task B, the subject of this report is to conduct surveys of foreign country navigation authorities responsible for buoys and the manufacturers of buoys, both domestic and foreign, and to develop a computer database of the information collected in this project. The task includes the screening of worldwide engineering and technical information on buoy systems, approaches to problem solving (particularly those that have been identified by the USCG), and development of a computer database for use by the USCG which is both relational and retrievable. The completed program is to be developed on a USCG supplied computer and software, and is then to be installed at the USCG R and D Center and at the USCG Headquarters (G-ECV and G-NSR). For accomplishing the goals of this task, two major efforts were undertaken: (1) Conducting worldwide surveys and (2) Developing a relational and retrievable computer database.
- See also Volume 3, AD-A248 407.
Rosenblatt (M.) and Son, Inc., New York.,
Coast GuardOffice of Research and Development
Washington, DC United States
- Daidola, J C
- Basar, N S
- Reyling, C J
- Johnson, F M
- Walker, R T
- Publication Date: 1991-2
- Pagination: 750 p.
- TRT Terms: Buoys; Computer programs; Computers; Databases; Engineering; International; Manufacturing; Navigation; Problem solving; Records management; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Records
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666680
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-11/90-VOL-2-BK-2; USCG-D-05-92-VOL-2-BK-2
- Contract Numbers: DTCG39-89-C-E27E04
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM