OIL POLLUTION RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY PLAN; FINAL REPT
Title VII of the 1990 Oil Pollution Act (OPA 90) establishes an Interagency Coordinating Committee on Oil Pollution Research. The Committee is charged with coordinating a comprehensive program of research, technology development, and demonstration among Federal agencies in cooperation with industry, universities, research institutions, state governments, and other countries. In accordance with these requirements, the Plan includes: (1) identification of agency roles and responsibilities; (2) assessment of oil pollution environmental effects and prevention, response and mitigation technologies; (3) enumeration of gaps in oil pollution knowledge and technological deficiencies; (4) establishment of research priorities and goals; (5) estimation of resources needed to conduct an effective R&D program; and (6) identification, in cooperation with State authorities, of regional research needs and priorities.
- Sponsored by Coast Guard, Washington, DC. Office of the Commandant.
Interagency Coordinating Committee on Oil Pollution ResearchWashington, DC United States
Coast Guard Office of the Commandant.Washington, DC United States
- Dalsimer, A
- Publication Date: 1992-4-24
- Pagination: 255 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Government agencies; Inspection; Oil spills; Pollution control; Prevention; Programming (Planning); Research projects; Safety; Ships; Tests; Traffic mitigation; Waste management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Containment; Mitigation; Pollution abatement
- Old TRIS Terms: Response
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00666665
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ICCOPR-92/01
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM