TRANSMITTER LOCATION SYSTEM FOR FREQUENCIES BELOW HF; PATENT
Differential phase measurement techniques and apparatus for accurately locating unknown transmitters over great distances at radio frequencies below HF. A network of separated, time- and phase-synchronized, pairs of receiving stations having vertical whip antennas and having a known base-line geometry with respect to each other are used to accurately measure VLF phase differentials. The measured phase differences are compared against theoretical calculated values to provide highly accurate transmitter location information.
- Filed 26 Apr 72 patented 17 Dec 91; Supersedes PAT-APPL-5-249 443.; This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, DC 20231 $1.50.; Patent
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Westfall, W D
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Base lines; Geometry; Networks; Passenger terminals; Patents; Radio direction finders; Radio transmitters; Railroad stations; Time
- Old TRIS Terms: Phase measurement; Whip antennas
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00666654
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-5-249 443; PATENT-5 073 784
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM