COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR THE IDENTIFICATION OF SHIP HYDRODYNAMIC COEFFICIENTS FROM SEA TRIALS AND FOR THE SIMULATION OF SHIP MOTIONS
The software package Marine System Identification and System Simulation (MSI and SS) identifies ship hydrodynamic coefficients including resistance coefficients and simulates ship motions. Following the instructions insidfe the report, a user can prepare input files and run the programs without difficulties. However, since the identification is a recursive procedure, to be successful in the identification of hydrodynamic coefficients, it is very important for a user to have experience and knowledge of marine hydrodynamics. The package contains two groups of programs -- System Identification group and System Simulation group. The structures of the two groups of programs are illustrated by charts. Input files are discussed line by line with the presentation of samples of input and output files.
- See also PB90-235433 and PB85-197952. Sponsored by Maritime Administration, Washington, DC. Office of Technology Assessment.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Civil Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Liu, G
- Publication Date: 1992-4
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Hydrodynamics; Information processing; Input output devices; Motion; Personal computers; Ships; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Input output processing; Resistance
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00666653
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIT-OE-90-12; MA-RD-840-90011
- Contract Numbers: DTMA-91-84-C-41-14
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 3 2002 12:00AM