AIDS TO NAVIGATION SERVICE FORCE MIX 2000 PROJECT: OVERVIEW. PART 1; FINAL REPT. MAY-JUL 92
The Aids to Navigation (ATON) Service Force Mix (SFM) 2000 Project is documented in a Project Overview and three separately bound volumes. This is the Project Overview. The Project Overview describes the purpose, approach, analysis, and results of the ATON SFM 2000 Project conducted by the USCG's Office of Navigation Safety and Waterway Services, Short Range Aids to Navigation Division. Volume I, Development and Application of an Aids to Navigation Service Force Mix Decision Support System -- Final Report, documents the Volpe Center's analysis and development of the proposed replacement buoy tender fleet. The document describes current ATON operations, the concept, development, and operation of the Decision Support System (DSS), the data utilized by the DSS, validation of the DSS, and the proposed service force mix. Volume II, Development and Application of an Aids to Navigation Service Force Mix Decision Support System -- Aid Assignments and Vessel Summary Reports, contains the DSS outputs associated with the findings of Volume I. Included are maps of the aid assignments for each vessel in both the current and proposed fleets and the associated one-page DSS summary printouts. Volume III, Analysis of Multi-Mission Requirements and Development of Planning Factors for the Replacement Buoy Tender Fleet, documents the USCG's analysis and development of baseline multi-mission requirements of the replacement buoy tender fleet. The document describes buoy tender employment categories, historical tender employment data, the determination of underway hours per underway day, and projected impacts on multi-mission requirements resulting from alternative replacement fleet scenarios.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 1, PB93-142354. Sponsored by Coast Guard, Washington, DC. Office of Navigation Safety and Waterway Services.; Also available in set of 4 reports PC E99/MF E99, PB93-142339.
Volpe National Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Coast Guard Office of Navigation Safety and Waterway Services.Washington, DC United States
- Brown, K
- Schwenk, J
- Publication Date: 1992-7
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Fleet management; Geographic information systems; Information systems; Maintenance management; Management; Navigational aids; Programming (Planning); Systems engineering; Tenders; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Uncontrolled Terms: Management systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Data systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00666616
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-VNTSC-CG-92-2; DOT-CG-N-01-92-1.1
- Contract Numbers: CG269/B2006
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM